Negrense Volunteers for Change (NVC) Foundation, Inc. was established in August 2010 in Bacolod City, Philippines, to harness the power of private citizens to create positive and lasting change in their communities, towns and cities, and our country. We believe that by pooling the energies, resources, talents, and skills of individuals, we can bring about a better future for Filipinos.
NVC focuses on providing sustainable livelihoods to disadvantaged communities, as well as child development through proper nutrition, holistic education, and a wholesome family life.
- in the power of the ordinary person to effect positive and powerful change
- that every person is born with a mission and her singular step is useful and important
- that a single dedicated person, no matter what his station may be, can make positive and lasting change in the community
- that strength comes from individuals working together towards a common vision
- in forging partnerships and alliances as a vehicle to strengthen the power of the individual
- that the poor and underprivileged must find meaning and hope beyond their daily livelihood and trade
- in helping our beneficiaries to help themselves and harnessing their power to become our partners in building the nation
- any person who believes in what we do
- partners of all colors, creed and political affiliations
- what unifies us, rather than what divides us
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” Margaret Mead, Anthropologist
NVC is a non-stock, non-profit organization registered under the Philippine Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- DSWD Registration No. DSWD-FO VI R-0000053-2011
- SEC Registration No. CN201029061
Negrense Volunteers for Change – U.S. was established to help facilitate funding in the United States and appropriately channel the contributions of the US donors to the Philippine entity. As the fundraising arm of the organization NVC-US is organized and operated in accordance with guidelines that U.S. tax authorities require for non-profit organizations.